Wednesday, May 10, 2006

These pictures add up to about 562 words each

So we had our game night. Here's some photogrpahic eveidence of our crimes against gaming humanity.

The first shot shows the set up of some unpainted fugures. Sad, I know. My Romans on the left, Daniel's Spartans on the right. I forget who is playing in this game. Note the use of a small strip of blue tape to indicate a water way. My 3' x 3' felt DBA mat was supplied by Rich Wright of Wentzville, MO. The blue table cloth is there beacause it is more attractive than the printed faux wood finish on my 2 1/2' x 7' folding table. They make a nice gaming table when placed together. Some better terrain is in order, for sure. Now that I think of it, Ray is using my Romans in this shot. I'd never place my artillery behind my line like that. Or would I? I think the artillery requirement for the Early Imperial Roman list is a bunch of garum anyway.


You'll notice Ray's wooly arm on the left and Daniel's girlish appendage on the right. I like the single stand of Hoplites running down the artillery in this shot. If I recall, this is Daniel's general facing down the arty. Meanwhile, it looks like the Roman cavalry is waiting to get a nice flank shot on said general if and when he makes contact. I don't think that happened. Would have been nice, though. On the near hill, some auxiliaries are harrasing the Spartan left flank while the center is up noticeably devoid of Romans. The Roman legianaires are in the background in this shot, on the Roman right, not doing much of anything but pushing Hoplites around. Ray had some really bad rolls that night. Daniel has developed a knack for element placement and picking the order of his engagements to maximize his tactical factors, but that's the nature of the game, innit?

Daniel, about to chide Ray on his poor fashion sense and lack of hygiene. You will note the spiffy pace stick I made out of some 1/4" dowel and a bit of spray paint. The hills and road, if interested are made of 1/16" funny foam. You can get a 8" x 11" sheet for less than a dollar and is handy for flat terrain features. I plan on making new hills out of 1" insulation foam. Probably just one level with gently sloping slides that will allow a 28mm element to be placed on it without tipping. They will also be used for 15mm and 6mm sci-fi games. Photos on that excitment to come. By the way, check out the new 15mm GZG stuff. I have seen it and it is the shiz-nite!

This picture was taken shortly after Ray pelted Daniel with a peltast for his unkind remarks. Ray works at the local grocery store. He and Daniel take a graphics class at the local JuCo. One of their asisgnements involoved screenprinting shirts. One of their designs was a cartoon pirate with the simple slogan of AARRGGH! I had one made on a white shirt with black ink. Ray's is black with white ink. Unbeknownst to either of us, we chose the same day to wear our shirts. I was not aware of this until I went to get some groceries. Due to this episode, I have decided that Ray is my evil twin from another dimension. Note the opposite colored shirt, the darker hair, the similar name and as my final piece of evidence, the goatee (that's the clincher).

For those interested, here's a picture of me. Not nearly as dreamy as one owuld have thought after reading my wickedly funny posts about all manner of things. Sadly, I'm about as attractive as the average MySpace user trolling for "hawt chix." One thing I have on those losers, I don't have hundreds of videos hot-linked to my blog page so you have to wait forever to read my dumbe comments. In the meantime, feel free to take a little quiz based on this terrible photograph.

Can you tell what I am doing? Am I reading:

A) The collected works of Catullus in Latin

B) A previously unpublished work written in Linear B

C) United States Tax Code translated into Sanskrit

D) DBA 2.2, presumably in English

If you picked D you are correct. I do like the game, I hate how it's written. The WADBAG guide I mentioned in a previous post is a good read.

That's it for photos for now. Check back soon for more exciting droning about my gaming habit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home